University of Toronto Excellence Award

If you are not eligible to apply for an NSERC USRA because you are an international student, you can apply for a University of Toronto Excellence Award (UTEA). You must find a potential supervisor by mid-February to be considered for the award.

Please note: as an international student you must hold a student work visa for the summer. Once you find a potential supervisor, please contact the EEB Undergraduate Office at with your name, student number, and your potential supervisor. We will contact you and your supervisor when our office receives further details about how to apply and the deadline.