Field courses are a unique and important part of our undergraduate program! Read more and apply today! Deadline: Friday, February 2 @ 4:00pm. We will continue to accept applications for EEB Field Courses Summer 2018 until all spaces are filled. However, priority is given to applications received on time.
EEB offers two or three field courses each year to such locations as the New World tropics, Algonquin Provincial Park, and at U of T’s Koffler Scientific Reserve located north of Toronto. We also participate in the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology (OUPFB) which allows U of T students to participate in field courses offered by over 12 other universities.
Please see links the left-hand menu for information on how to apply, the Ontario University Program in Field Biology, and FAQs.
Please Note: The University's Grading Practices Policy states that some graded work be returned before the date to cancel a course without academic penalty. Please be aware that this is not practical for a two-week field course.
EEB403H - Tropical Field Biology
- Dates: April 30 - May 13, 2018
- Location: Peru (Wayqecha Cloud Forest Research Center, near Cuzco; and Los Amigos Research Center, near Puerto Maldonado)
- Instructors: Megan Frederickson & John Stinchcombe
- Course description
EEB405H - Temperate Field Biology
- May 19 - June 1, 2018
- Location: Koffler Scientific Reserve, King City, ON
- Instructors: Arthur Weis & TBA
- Course description
EEB406H - Inter-University Field Course
- Participate in a 2-week field course offered by another Ontario university between May and August, and receive a U of T credit.
- Over 30 field courses are offered by the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology (OUPFB). For more info, check out this page and the OUPFB website.
- Please just submit one (1) deposit cheque (made payable to "University of Toronto") with your OUPFB application, even if you list more than one module.
EEB410H - Lake Ecosystem Dynamics
- Dates: Not offered Summer 2018
- Location: Harkness Fisheries Research Laboratories, Algonquin Park, ON
- Instructor: Helene Cyr
EEB407H - Alpine Ecosystems
- This course is offered occasionally and the date when it will next be offered has not been determined.