Field courses are a unique and important part of our undergraduate program!
EEB offers two or three field courses each year to such locations as the New World tropics, Algonquin Provincial Park, and at U of T’s Koffler Scientific Reserve located north of Toronto. The Summer 2018 field course offerings and deadlines will be announced soon.
We also participate in the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology (OUPFB) which allows U of T students to participate in field courses offered by over 12 other universities, to locations within Ontario and around the world.
Please see links the left-hand menu for information on how to apply, the Ontario University Program in Field Biology, and FAQs.
Please Note: The University's Grading Practices Policy states that some graded work be returned before the date to cancel a course without academic penalty. Please be aware that this is not practical for a two-week field course.
EEB405H - Temperate Field Biology
- Course is offered every year.
- Location: Koffler Scientific Reserve, King City, ON
- Instructors: TBA
EEB410H - Lake Ecosystem Dynamics
- Dates: August 21 - September 1, 2017
- Location: Harkness Fisheries Research Laboratories, Algonquin Park, ON
- Instructor: Helene Cyr
EEB403H - Tropical Field Biology
- Dates: Course is offered in alternate years. Next offered in Summer 2018
- Location: Peru
- Instructors: TBA
EEB406H - Inter-University Field Course
- Participate in a 2-week field course offered by another Ontario university between May and August, and receive a U of T credit.
- Over 30 field courses are offered by the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology; for more information read the paragraph below, and visit the OUPFB website.
- Please just submit one (1) deposit cheque (made payable to "University of Toronto") with your OUPFB application, even if you list more than one module.
EEB407H - Alpine Ecosystems
- This course is offered occasionally and the date when it will next be offered has not been determined.