Field courses are a unique and important part of our undergraduate program!
EEB offers two or three field courses each year to such locations as the New World tropics, Algonquin Provincial Park, and at U of T’s Koffler Scientific Reserve located north of Toronto.
We also participate in the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology (OUPFB) which allows U of T students to participate in field courses offered by over 12 other universities, to locations within Ontario and around the world.
Please see links the left-hand menu for information on how to apply, the Ontario University Program in Field Biology, and a field course FAQ.
Please Note: The University's Grading Practices Policy states that some graded work be returned before the date to cancel a course without academic penalty. Please be aware that this is not practical for a two-week field course.
EEB405H - Temperate Field Biology
- Course is offered every year.
- Location: Koffler Scientific Reserve, King City, ON
- Instructors: TBA
EEB410H - Lake Ecosystem Dynamics
- Dates: August 21 - September 1, 2017
- Location: Harkness Fisheries Research Laboratories, Algonquin Park, ON
- Instructor: Helene Cyr
EEB403H - Tropical Field Biology
- Dates: Course is offered in alternate years. Next offered in Summer 2018
- Location: Peru
- Instructors: TBA
EEB406H - Inter-University Field Course
- Participate in a 2-week field course offered by another Ontario university between May and August, and receive a U of T credit.
- Over 30 field courses are offered by the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology; for more information read the paragraph below, and visit the OUPFB website.
- Please just submit one (1) deposit cheque (made payable to "University of Toronto") with your OUPFB application, even if you list more than one module.
EEB407H - Alpine Ecosystems
- This course is offered occasionally and the date when it will next be offered has not been determined.