Expense Reimbursement Claims
- Use the most recent form with the E series tax codes - available above
- Print legibly.
- A claim should be for a single trip or for non-travel expenses. They should not be mixed.
- We use ERDD - direct deposit to your bank account whenever possible. The deposit goes to the last bank account you provided for payroll. If you do not want direct deposit, or if your bank account information has changed, let us know.
- If you submit your form with all necessary receipts and signatures, you can expect to be reimbursed within a week.
Before you submit, make sure you have the following:
- You must give us the original receipts. Credit card slips are not valid receipts.
- If your claim involves air travel, provide all paper boarding passes or other acceptable proof of travel. Electronic passes are not acceptable.
- Number all your receipts and boarding passes.
- If there are more than 6 receipts, prepare a spreadsheet giving information about each charge. (Please see sample sheet below).
- If you have a foreign currency receipt and it was paid by a Canadian credit card (converted to CAD), then provide a photocopy of your credit card statement to give us the credit card's conversion rate. You can black out the non-pertinent items. If you do not submit a copy of your credit card statement, we will use U of T’s conversion rates based on the date of transaction. DO NOT convert currencies on your own – they will be disregarded.
- If you are missing a receipt(s) complete the missing receipt form (available below).
Completing the form
- Print your personnel number. (You can find it on your pay stub).
- Print your full address including postal code. If we are unable to do a direct deposit then a cheque will be sent to this address.
- If the reimbursement is for travel, print the period of travel. If not, print the date of the transaction.
- If the reimbursement is for a meal, please list all attendees.
- If the reimbursement is for travel, print the place of visit and the purpose of visit in the "Location and Description field".
- In the "Date prepared" field, fill in the date when you submitted the form and receipts to us.
- Sign the form and print your name.
- Get it signed by your supervisor in the "Authorized approval" box. Print their name legibly.
- Please ask your supervisor about the funding source (fund name/number) which he/she would like to use to pay the reimbursement and note the information on the form.
If you have questions that are not covered in this document, please ask us.