Employing students and casual staff
Arts & Science HR will advise of the appropriate hourly rate based on the duties the employee is expected to perform.
Please contact the EEB Payroll Officer (email@example.com) to request the hiring form that needs to be completed to start the hiring process.
There must be a signed letter of offer in place before employees, including graduate students and casual employees, can start work and their payroll processed.
Please provide the EEB Payroll Officer with sufficient notice so HR can be contacted, and the letter can be prepared prior to the employee's start date. The letter must be signed by the Chair. Employees who are new to the University's payroll must provide the following documents before they can be paid:
- Banking Authorization Form
- Void cheque or printout from bank with account information
- TD1 Tax Form
- TD1-ON Tax Form
- Photocopy of Social Insurance Number (SIN) card or confirmation document from Service Canada
If not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, employees must also provide:
- Photocopy of work or study permit
- Photocopy of passport ID page