Paul H.M. Guo Scholarship in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Dr. Paul H. M. Guo was born in Taiwan, 1937. He graduated with aBSc, 1960 and MSc, 1964 from National Taiwan University, Taipei andreceived his PhD in 1972 from the Technical University of Hanover, Germany.
Dr. Guo had a remarkably diverse career:
- Lecturer, National Taiwan University 1964-67
- Research Scientist, Technical University Hanover 1967-72
- Senior Project Development Engineer, Environment Canada 1972-78
- World Health Organization, Seoul, Korea 1978-84
- WHO Environmental Health Centre, Kuala-Lumpur, Malaysia 1985-88
- Director WHO Western Pacific Regional Environment Health Centre, Kuala Lumpur 1989-96
Dr. Guo retired from HHO, 1996 to his home in Taiwan. His sonsDr. Hans C.T. Huo and Peter Guo felt they had received a good start, both ineducation and employment, in the Zoology Department. They chose to honour theseinitiatives by creating a scholarship in the department and in the name oftheir father.