Get InvolvedWould you like to learn more about biology, while getting involved within the wider community? Or maybe you would like to share your own enthusiasm to others! Whether you are a student, alumnus, faculty, staff, family member, or friend, there's something here for everyone.
Interested in science outreach?Let's Talk Science
- Want to engage with young scientists? Volunteer with Let's Talk Science to help spread the word! LTS pairs students, alumni, and faculty with classrooms across the country.
- Know a little something about a taxonomic group? Participate in the Ontario BioBlitz as a Naturalist, leading survey teams or assisting with specimen identification. Or, join as an Interpreter and lead nature hikes for novices.
- Have you worked in a lab? Volunteer at U of T's Science Rendezvous festival to cultivate scientific literacy.
Want to get your hands dirty?Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
- Want to help clean up your city? Participate in the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup! Protect shorelines and wildlife by joining a cleanup in your neighbourhood, or by leading a cleanup yourself.
- Looking to learn about surveying and species identification? Participate in the Ontario BioBlitz as a Novice Naturalist to help survey and document diversity within a given area.
EEB SeminarsStudent Unions
- Attend EEB seminars that pique your interest - EEB hosts external speakers most Fridays, and internal seminars most Mondays. Click here for a detailed schedule.
- Join the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Union to socialize with other students, learn more about research in EEB, and mingle with professors in the field. Or, join the University of Toronto Student Union for a voice in the larger community. Consider running for the executive council in either (or both)!
University of Toronto Peer Tutoring
- Interested in helping other students learn the ropes? Volunteer with University of Toronto Peer Tutoring to pass your wisdom on to younger students.