The Cultural and Scientific Service of the Embassy of France in Canada and the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at the University of Toronto are pleased to invite you to a French Ameri-Can Climate Talk on Biodiversity (FACT-B) on "Biodiversity in the City".
- Dr. Dan Riskin, is an expert on bat biology and T.V. host of the Discovery Channel program "Daily Planet”
- Dr. Chelsea Rochman, Professor in the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at the University of Toronto. She is an expert on the biological influence of microplastic pollutants in aquatic environment.
- Deborah Martin-Downs, Chief Administration Officer of the Credit Valley Conservation Authority, responsible for the protection, restoration and management of natural resources.
- Cyrille Barnerias, Head of European and International Affairs, French Biodiversity Agency. He is leading the organization of the City Summit at the 2020 IUCN World Conservation Congress
- Dr. Thierry Boulinier, CNRS Research Director, Center for Functional & Evolutionary Ecology, University of Montpellier. He is a specialist on the effect of climate change on bird populations.
Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019
Location: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park, Signy and Cléophée Eaton Theatre
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Please note: In case of a full program, your ticket reservation may not guarantee admission. Please plan to arrive to the event early