Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship (NSERC)
EEB is now accepting brief 'pre-applications' for the prestigious Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. Canadians and non-Canadians are eligible for these fellowships that provide 2 years of support at $70,000 per year.
For full information on the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, including eligibility and evaluation criteria, please see this website: http://banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca
For applicants wishing to do a postdoc at the University of Toronto, please see the following information. For applicants wishing to do a postdoc at another university, please contact that university.
To begin the application process for the University of Toronto, the applicants should first contact and obtain the agreement of a faculty advisor (or co-advisors) who is a member of EEB's graduate faculty.
Please see this list for eligible faculty members: http://www.eeb.utoronto.ca/people/G-faculty.htm
For faculty at UTSC, the applications will go through UTSC. For information including deadlines for the internal and pre-application vetting process, visit the UTSC website, https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/research/postdoctoral-fellows. Please contact Suzanne Jaeger (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
For faculty at UTM, the applications will go through UTM. Please contact the potential advisor(s) or Rong Wu (email@example.com) for the deadlines and requirements for the application and any pre-application steps.
For candidates applying to faculty at St. George and the ROM, the nomination process will proceed as follows:
- Applicants will contact a faculty member(s) asking whether they would be willing to support their application and, if the applicant receives a Banting postdoctoral fellowship, act as their advisor (or co-advisors) and support their research
- Applicants who have identified a proposed advisor(s), will submit the following materials to Liz Rentzelos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 5, 2018
Applicants should submit a single pdf file with all of the following information in the order described here:
- Cover letter indicating (i)the proposed faculty advisor(s); (ii)the date that they will be available to begin the position; and (iii)confirming that they are eligible for the fellowship (see below for information about eligibility)
- Curriculum vitae that includes the names and e-mail addresses of two (2) potential referees;
- Very brief (0.5-1 page) summary describing the research that you would do in our department as a Banting Postdoc if your application is successful
PDF copies of two (2) publications should also be provided.
All application materials must be submitted as pdf(s) in a single email to: Liz Rentzelos (email@example.com)
Applications not following the required format will be not be considered.
The top two (2) pre-applications received by Liz Rentzelos by July 5, 2018 will be nominated to then complete key sections of the full Banting application by August 17, 2018 and these will be considered for full evaluation with applicants from other fields
Banting Eligibility Requirements
Did you fulfill all degree requirements within one of the following windows?
‘Fulfill degree requirements’ refers to the date you complete all the steps required for obtaining your degree. It is not the convocation date.
Applicant to the 2018-19 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD,PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
•Between September 15, 2015 and September 30, 2019(inclusively), and
•Before the start date of their award.
Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2019.
Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s)/ interruption(s), to a maximum of two years.(Please give details if this applies)