- Automated tracking of energy balance in wild hummingbirds
- Welch lab uses (RFID) technology to automatically track wild hummingbird mass and energetics
- ... more @ KSR web site
Ina Anreiter and Marla Sokolowski discover epigenetic key to unlock behavioural change in fruit flie
Photo by Katja Schulz.
Ina Anreiter, Marla Sokolowski, and Jamie Kramer (Western University) have demonstrated how genetic variation and epigenetic modifiers can interact at a molecular level to produce behavioural polymorphisms.
Read the U of T news article here.
Read the paper at PNAS.
- Krkosek lab links fishing nets to sea lion decline Marty Krkosek and colleagues have shown that fishing nets remain a major cause of death in New Zealand sea lion populations. … more
- Molecular basis for ant 'bodyguard' behaviour Megan Frederickson and colleagues working on ants in the Peruvian Amazon … more
- Fire ants form floating rafts to escape Texas floods Chris Darling speaks to The National. … more
- Congratulations to Vanessa Lundsgaard-Nielsen Vanessa and Tzvi Aviv are the winners of the recent Syngenta AI Challenge. … more
- Two Assistant Professorships in Ecology and Evolution Application Deadline – September 13, 2017 … more
- New Phytologist Profile: John Stinchcombe … more
- Evolution of nonspectral rhodopsin function at high altitudes Latest from the Chang Lab … more
- Cannibal insects are getting hungrier in a warming climate EEB PhD student Denon Start on Quirks and Quarks … more
- EEB Visiting Fellow competition 2018/2019 Application deadline is September 8, 2017 … more
- Letters of recommendation: data on gender bias - October 19, 2017 Nicole Mideo, BREWS Discussion
- Phenotypic and evolutionary responses to whole genome duplication: challenging the instantaneous divergence model - October 19, 2017 Brian Husband, U of Guelph
- The effects of asexuality and selfing on genetic diversity, the efficacy of selection and species persistence - October 20, 2017 Eddie Ho: Exit Seminar
- Ethnobotany in Eastern Canada: from plant knowledge to ethics - October 20, 2017 Alain Cuerrier, Université de Montréal
- Where do insect gut flora come from? Patterns and implications of environmental symbiont acquisition in bugs and butterflies - October 23, 2017 Alison Ravenscraft, University of Arizona
- Understanding invasiveness: An integrated assessment of traits related to invasive potential in widow spiders - October 26, 2017 Monica Mowery, Appraisal seminar
- Evaluating the promise of a transmissible vaccine - October 27, 2017 Scott Nuismer, U. Idaho
- Co-influence of abiotic and biotic environments on plant local adaptation - October 30, 2017 Anna O'Brien, PDF in Frederickson lab