- Re-creation of a key step in the switch from C3 to C4 leaf anatomy
- Roxana Khoshravesh, Tammy Sage, and colleagues take a step in the path towards engineering C4 rice.
- ... more
Sadly, Professor Emeritus Jim Rising passed away on March 13, 2018. Jim was a valued professor and colleague in the Department of Zoology for many years and remained active within Ramsay Wright up until the summer of 2017.
In 1969, Jim was hired by the University of Toronto, Department of Zoology, concentrating his research on studies of geographic variation of the Savannah Sparrow, a species that is common throughout most of North America.
His family invite friends, colleagues, and former students to a gathering in Jim’s memory, to be held on Friday, March 23 from 2:00-5:00 p.m at the University of Toronto Faculty Club, 41 Willcocks Street.
Jim would have appreciated donations to the James D. Rising Scholarship fund.
- Leave taxonomy to the taxonomists and biologists: Q & A with Nathan Lujan A recent article proposing a radical change in the way species are named has drawn the ire of 184 scientists worldwide … more
- The Plant People Join us as U of T horticulturalists Andrew Petrie and Bill Cole take us on a tour … more
- Passing of the Torch in BIO120 For over a quarter century, Professors Spencer Barrett and James Thomson … more
- Root microbiome valuable key to plants surviving drought … more
- A new species of worm wriggles into evolutionary history 508-million-year-old bristle worm species discovered by researchers at the University of Toronto and the Royal Ontario Museum at British Columbia’s Burgess Shale … more
- EEB Undergraduate Research Fair - April 5, 2018 EEB undergrads in project courses present their research!
- Careers in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology - April 5, 2018 Panel discussion with: Dr. Gord Wichert and Dr. Alex Watts
- Exit seminar: Mitch Daniel - April 6, 2018
- Bailey McMeans - UTM - April 9, 2018
- Exit seminar: Chris Balogh - April 27, 2018 Mating system and pollen dispersal in small populations of an invasive species
- Stephen Weller - UC Irvine - April 27, 2018
- Exit seminar: Bryon Hughson - May 17, 2018